Monday, March 15, 2010

Keep Your Promises I Samuel 1:26

26And she said, Oh my lord, as thy soul liveth, my lord, I am the woman that stood by thee here, praying unto the LORD. 27For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: 28Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there.



Hannah was a woman who loved God very much and she prayed to God for a son. She went to Eli the prophet of God and prayed there in his presence and sought his help in her request to have a son. Hannah made a promise to God. She told God that she would dedicate that son to God’s service. She got the news that she was pregnant and after her son was born, she came to Eli with Samuel and she gave her son to Eli to serve him as he served the Lord.

Hannah reminded Eli that she had been there praying for a son and she told him of the promise that she had made with the Lord. They worshipped God together there.

There are a couple of things that are important to remember in this story. First of all, Hannah made a promise to God if He gave her a son. This is not something to be done lightly. Our promises to God do not normally cause God to act. However, there are times when God may lead us to make those promises and when we do, we need to be very careful to follow through with those promises.


God keeps His promises. When you and I make promises to God, We need to keep those promises as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment