Monday, June 21, 2010

Sweet Sleep Proverbs 3:24


When you lie down you shall not be afraid. Yes, you shall lie down and your sleep shall be sweet.



The only thing that will defeat fear is faith. When we place our faith in the Lord Jesus, we will be able to lie down and not be afraid and God promises that our sleep will be sweet. There is no security that is any sweeter than the security that is ours in the Lord Jesus. The problem that a lot of us have is we go to bed trying to find the solution to our problems on our own. We want to be masters of our own destiny. We want to be in charge and we want to know exactly what is going to happen, how it is going to happen and when. We do not like surprises and we do not like not knowing how things are going to work themselves out.

When we go to bed trying to work out our own situations, we may find rest difficult. It is difficult to try to go to sleep when our lives are in disarray. However, when we leave our lives to the Lord, He is able to give us rest and take care of the circumstances that surround our lives. God is able to still the storms and calm the waves that can come up around us.

There is no peace that is any better than the peace that is ours in the Lord Jesus. When we leave our lives to His leadership and we learn to walk with Him, we will find that our fears will begin to disappear and our sleep will be sweeter.

I remember when I got saved, I realized that I was lost and that was the worst feeling that I have ever known. I remember as a 10 year old boy I cried myself to sleep one night because I knew I was lost and I needed and wanted to be saved. This took place for several nights and then on Thursday night, I remember laying down and I asked the Lord to forgive me of my sin and to come into my heart and it was as if God reached down and picked me up and pulled me close to his bosom and all I remember was going to sleep in His arms. I have never gone to sleep since then not knowing that He is mine and that I am His!

There is no sleep any sweeter than the sleep that is ours because we have surrendered our lives to Jesus and we have made Him Lord and Master of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment