Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Will Bless Them Numbers 6:27

And they shall put My name upon the children of Israel and I will bless them.



God told Moses to speak to Aaron and to his sons with reference to blessing the children of Israel. He was to say to the children of Israel, "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine on you and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up His countenance unto you and give you peace and they shall put My name upon the children of Israel and I will bless them."

The desire of God's heart is to bless His children exceedingly abundantly more than they could ask or hope for. Everything that God does He has done so that He might prove His love for us. His desire is to protect us and provide for us. God wants our lives to be filled with all the goodness that He has at His disposal. He wants to bless and keep us. He wants to be gracious to us. He wants to give us peace and joy. So, why is there so much trouble in our world and in our lives today?

The Bible tells us that God causes to rain to fall on the just and the unjust. He allows trials and tribulation to come on us all. His plan is that his children will find comfort and strength in Him in spite of those trials. I heard a parent of a child with cancer at St Jude hospital in Memphis, say something that stuck with me. He said of all that he and his family had been through, "We do not know what God's purpose has been in all of this but we have seen His blessings."

And they shall put My name upon My children and I will bless them. When you and I take on Christ's name we are His and He is ours. He promises that He will be with us and that He will bless us. God wants us to live for Him so that He can do for us all the things that we cannot do for ourselves. He will do His part. In fact, I can tell you that He has done more than His part in my life. God has protected me even when I was headed wide open in the wrong direction. God has blessed me even though I refused to follow His instruction and direction for my life.

God was patient and let me run and run and run doing things my way until I came to the place where I finally realized that it was what God did for me that made my life worth living. My obedience to Him simply says to God, "I trust You and Your provisions for my life." I have taken His name and He has blessed me and continues to bless me because I am His and He is mine.

My prayer for you today is that "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine on you and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up His countenance unto you and give you peace and they shall put My name upon the children of Israel and I will bless them."

No comments:

Post a Comment