Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Perfect Way Psalm 101:6

My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land that they may dwell with Me, those that walk in a perfect way.



Do you want God's eyes on you? There is first of all the reality that His eyes are on us whether we want them to be or not! However, when His eyes see our faithfulness to His Word and His way for our lives, His hand goes with us as well. As we dwell with the Lord, He becomes our protector and our provider. There is no better place for us to be than to be dwelling with the Lord; not in this life nor in the life to come.

This is a conditional statement or promise. God's eyes are on those who are faithful. Lets expand that statement a little bit. God's eyes are on those who believe that He is everything that He says He is and that He will do everything that He says He will do. When we live our lives according to the Words and the promises of the Lord, God sees that commitment on our part and He responds and rewards us accordingly. God tells us that, "we may dwell with Him."

In the New Testament we learn that when we turn our hearts over to the Lord, the Holy Spirit takes up residence in our hearts and He dwells with us. God dwells with us because of our faith in Him! Our faith in Him allows us to "walk in a perfect way."

God's Word does not say that we become perfect when we place our faith in the Lord it says that we begin to walk in the perfect way and there is a big difference in the two statements. I can be as imperfect as a person could be and am but I can also walk in the perfect way. The key to this statement is really very important for us to understand.

As I walk in the Lord and in the light of His Word, I am in the best possible place that I can be at that moment in my life. It is while I am walking in the way of the Word that God is able to lead me from where I am to the place that He would have me be. This place is the perfect way for me at that moment in my life. The challenge for us all is to see how much of our lives we can spend in that perfect way!

That is why it is so important for us to make decisions on a daily basis that reflect God's glory and are based on His precious Word. God is able to dwell with us and He is able to provide for us and protect us and make us what we cannot make ourselves. God's provisions are sure and they are more than satisfying! Lets ask God to help us walk in that perfect way today and every day for the rest of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment