Monday, May 24, 2010

God Delights in His Mercy Micah 7:18

18Who is a God like unto you, that pardons iniquity, and passes by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retains not his anger forever, because he delights in mercy.



Micah goes on to write, "He will again have compassion on us, and He will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea." God delights in giving His mercy to us. Listen to what God tells His chosen people, in verse 15, "As in the days when you came out of the land of Egypt, I will show them wonders."

God wants to demonstrate His wonderful power in your life and in mine. He does! God wants to show His power to a lost and dying world. God wants to share His love and His mercy with us as we walk with Him on a daily basis. When I give God my decisions, He is able to give me His mercy and forgive my sin.

When I allow God's presence to come into my life, His power comes with that presence. When God's presence is in my life, His provisions and His protection are there for me as well. God delights in being there for me. The desire of His heart is to be with me and to take care of the circumstances and situations in my life. He wants to spread His wings and show the world who He is and what He can do. God wants to bless our lives so that He can have the opportunity to bless the lives of those around us.

God does not want to be angry with us. In fact, God is not as concerned with the mistakes we make and even the sin we commit as He is with the reasons we do what we do. God pardons our sin. His Son paid the penalty for our sin. God wants to give us every possible reason to walk with Him as opposed to falling for temptation and sinning. When you and I learn to look to Him and find His forgiveness and His mercy and begin to see Him working in our lives, we should be more determined to stand with Him on a daily basis.

The great thing about God's glorious plan is this, the closer we walk with Him and the more obedient we become to His Word and His will for our lives, the more He is able to bless us! The more He blesses us, the more determined we ought to be to get even closer and closer to Him and the closer we get the more blessed we become! Now understand one thing; God's blessings are not usually what we think they ought to be. Sometimes, we have to "praise God anyway" when things are not going well for us at all. Remember, our devotion ought to be for all that God has already done for us as opposed to what we want Him to do for us tommorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment