Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Now We Shall See Numbers 11:23

23And the LORD said to Moses, "Has the LORD's arm been shortened? Now you shall see whether what I say will happen to you or not."



The children of Israel are in the wilderness. God has miraculously brought them out of Egypt. He has protected them from the strong arm of Pharaoh. He parted the waters of the Red Sea and they marched through the sea on dry land. They then watched as God closed the waters up and Pharaoh's army drowned in the sea and they would never see Pharaoh's army again.

The children of Israel experienced God's presence in the pillar of fire by night and a pillar of cloud by day. They knew that God spoke to Moses and that He was going to take them to the Promised Land, a land flowing with milk and honey. However, this journey was no leisurely walk in the park. The people got hungry and God gave them manna to eat. They got thirsty and God gave them water to drink.

Now, they were tired of the manna! They had learned to cook it in almost every conceivable way possible and they wanted something else to eat. This is all ok. God understands our desires. However, the people complained and said, "Who will give us meat to eat? 5"We remember the fish which we ate freely in Egypt, the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic; 6"but now our whole being is dried up; there is nothing at all except this manna before our eyes!" "Why did we ever come up out of Egypt?"

Moses went to the Lord and began to whine himself! 11So Moses said to the LORD, "Why have You afflicted Your servant? And why have I not found favor in Your sight, that You have laid the burden of all these people on me? 12"Did I conceive all these people? Did I beget them, that You should say to me, 'Carry them in your bosom, as a guardian carries a nursing child,' to the land which You swore to their fathers? 13"Where am I to get meat to give to all these people? For they weep all over me, saying, 'Give us meat, that we may eat.' 14"I am not able to bear all these people alone, because the burden is too heavy for me. 15"If You treat me like this, please kill me here and now-if I have found favor in Your sight-and do not let me see my wretchedness!"

God told Moses that He would give the children of Israel meat to eat. Listen to what God says to Moses, "Has the LORD's arm been shortened? Now you shall see whether what I say will happen to you or not."

You and I need to remember that no matter how difficult the situation and circumstances that we face may be, God is able to handle it! There is never any panic in heaven, just a plan. God knows what He is going to do before a situation even comes up. His arm has not been shortened. You and I need to determine in our hearts and in our minds to remain faithful to His Word and His promises and watch and see as He does what He says He will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment