Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What If and I AM Exodus 4:13

13Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' what if they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" 14And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'



God has spoken to Moses in the burning bush. He has told Moses that He wanted him to go to Pharaoh and to tell him to "Let God's people go." God has identified Himself to Moses as the "God of your father-the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob."

Moses begins to try to back out of God's request. Listen to what he says, "What if they say to me, 'who sent you; what is His name?' What will I tell them?" "God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you."

Today's devotional is really very simple but very profound and very powerful. When we are tempted to say "what if" God always answers it with "I Am."

God what if I fail? Hear God as He says, "I AM WHO I AM." My failure does not take anything away from who God is or what God wants to do. My failure does not stop God's plans and His purpose for my life or the lives of those around me. God is still God and He is still in control and He can still bring victory in and through my life!

Failure is not final until we refuse to take God at His Word! That is what God wanted Moses to understand and that is what He wants you and me to understand. Moses went on to offer another objection. When you are tempted to say, "What if" to God just be still and hear Him say to you, "I AM WHO I AM." Know that the Great I AM of the universe is still at work and He is still in control and He will keep His promises and deliver you according to His purpose and His marvelous grace in His due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment