Tuesday, July 13, 2010

God's Purpose Statement Jeremiah 11:4

4"which I commanded your fathers in the day I brought them out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, 'Obey My voice, and do according to all that I command you; so shall you be My people, and I will be your God.



Let's look at the first 5 verses of Jeremiah 11, "1The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, 2"Hear the words of this covenant, and speak to the men of Judah and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem; 3"and say to them, 'Thus says the LORD God of Israel: "Cursed is the man who does not obey the words of this covenant 4"which I commanded your fathers in the day I brought them out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, 'Obey My voice, and do according to all that I command you; so shall you be My people, and I will be your God,' 5"that I may establish the oath which I have sworn to your fathers, to give them 'a land flowing with milk and honey,' as it is this day."

'Obey My voice, and do according to all that I command you; so shall you be My people, and I will be your God.' There is nothing that God wants any more than for you and me to "be His people." God wants to be our God. God wants to be God in our lives. This is what I call God's purpose statement in the Bible. God wants to be our God and He wants us to be His people and everything that He has done and everything that He continues to do is to accomplish that purpose in your life and in mine.

Faith is believing that God is everything that He says He is and that He will do everything that He says He will do. Our faith in God is supposed to help us obey His Word. This is why God says, without faith it is impossible to please Him. Our obedience is the measuring stick of our faith. As we obey God's voice and do according to all that He has commanded us to do, we become God's children and we allow God to be God in our lives.

When you and I are obedient to God's Word, God is able to assume responsibility for the lives that we live. He is able to fight our battles and provide for our needs and He is even able to give us the desires of our heart and most certainly He is able to give us the desires of His heart! God wants our lives to be filled to overflowing. He wants us to live in a land flowing with milk and honey, filled with all of His goodness and His grace.

Let go and let God have His way in your life. Be obedient to His Word in every decision that you make and let God be God in your life and be His chosen, special people. Ask God today to give you the strength to be the person that He would have you be!

No comments:

Post a Comment