Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hear My Prayer Psalm 4:1

1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.


Hear me when I call; have you ever gone to God and thought, “I am afraid that prayer didn’t even get above the ceiling?” David was in one of those times. He calls God the “God of my righteousness.” David knew that God had protected him in the past. He knew that he was where he was because God was indeed with him but things were not going the way that he would have liked for them to!

Listen to David’s question to God, “How long will these people ruin my reputation? How long will they make these groundless accusations? How long will they pursue lies?” David was discouraged and disappointed. He was tired of running for his life. He was tired of watching men refuse to stand up and be the men that they knew they ought to be. God, “Please, hear me when I call! God please hear my prayer and do something about all this!”

We all have experienced these lean times when it seemed as if God was nowhere to be found. We have all reached down and cried out to God, “Please God, hear my cry!” I like the prayer, “God, please give me patience and GIVE IT TO ME NOW!”

David knew that God had met his needs before when he was in distress. He could look back in his life and see how God reached down and met his need and delivered him from his distress. David knew that God had been faithful to him in the past and he knew that God would be faithful to him in the future.

You and I need that kind of resolve. God has proven Himself to be faithful to us in the past and we need to trust Him and allow Him to be faithful to us in our future as well. God is a merciful God. He will give us His grace even though we do not deserve it. He will hear our prayer if we will just take time to pray to Him! One of the reasons that our lives are in the shape that they are in has more to do with our lack of prayer than His lack of answering our prayers.

Lets determine to take God by the hand and walk with Him and spend time with Him in prayer and see if He does not answer those prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment